Alignment after lowering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazntn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed a Norcalss 5/6 rear kit on my 06 2wd. I also installed front drop spindles and Decranked my keys a little. I got it where I wanted everything. I did a basic at home temporary alignment.

But the front end keeps changing height!! The front end can be an inch taller. No known cause, it can change on my flat level concrete driveway.

Could it be to much caster or camber? I installed new moog uppers controll arms with camber bushings.20170619_153210.jpg 20170619_153123.jpg I want to get it close before dropping it off for alignment.
Thanks

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
are your lower jounce stops in good shape? no idea why it would change height, unless youre' not pulling in straight every time. if you come in crooked the suspension can bind up on one side an make it lift some.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the upper control arms are super tight where the alignment keys are located. If not, the camber with drastically change when you pull into your driveway or hit any bumps, making it look lower or higher

OP
OP
blazntn

blazntn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a little more investigating last night. The front end lowers in reverse. When in drive it raises, and will stay raised until backing up. It drops and lowers even if I only back up a foot. You can actually watch it doing it. Just wondering if the torsion bars are loading up or something.

thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your control arm bushings are in a bind. Loosen them, put the truck on the ground, then tighten them to spec. What Karl said sounds like a possibility, too.

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
if you have excessive toe-in it will push up when you go forward. how close did you get it?

OP
OP
blazntn

blazntn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Toe is pretty close. I will check the upper control arms tonight

Bex914

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Toe is pretty close. I will check the upper control arms tonight

Toe being pretty close can mean being off a couple degrees. Spec usually +or-.20 degrees total toe. Half a degree is a decent amount.

I specialize in suspension and steering as a tech for a living. Even with a home job using a tape measure you can vary a good bit. Get it in for an alignment and reassess it after. Make sure to buy an alignment that is good for at least 6 months where you can take it back free of charge.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought this was normal for these trucks. both my old tahoe and yukon did this. front end would drop a good bit if i backed into driveway and would raise back up once going forward. both were lowered with belltech spindles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442