Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Granprixfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a loaded question capable of lighting forums on fire my friend., akin to;
what wheels should I get?
what color should I paint my ride?
I firmly believe the system is only as good as the quality of the installation!
Someone will chime in and answer with specific brands. Just bear with me for a couple of seconds.
I've been into mobile electronics since highschool in the 80's. The electronics have improved so much that it's gotten to the point that they almost all equal in quality. Having said I'll repeat that I'm the kind that believes the workmanship of the installation is everything...
An alarm that's on sale, say a lesser known/marketed brand, impeccably installed by a professional with soldered connections and attention to detail (like wires neatly twisted and loomed in to blend with factory cables) will serve you well. Or get the name brand and the same quality install. Like wheels or a paint job...it's your choice.
Just avoid a major brand alarm with some box store hack job install with cut wires or tap T fittings and a spaghetti mess of wires that will eventually cause you grief.
I firmly believe in building relationships with a small shop that wants to earn and keep your business. Hey they have to pay rent and make a living just like the rest of us.
OhYou'll need a immobilizer bypass module to get remote start function of alarm to work.
This is great feature to have, just remeber to get in the habit to turn off AC at end of the day or when you get back in the morning it will be a exceptionally cold (and vise versa with the heater) or you lady will nag you on what's the point of having the remote start....speaking from experience

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins