AirRaid MIT - 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this on a 2017 or even a 2016? Did you leave the factory filter or replace with a wet/dry aftermarket? Pros - Cons?

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it on in June 16'. I did notice more intake noise over stock, wife didn't though. I have not done any other performance mods yet... Was waiting to get closer to end of warranty. I put 28k miles on it in the first year, so it is coming up soon. I have been looking for headers and a catback system to install though.

I did a lowering kit, 24" wheels and a big brake kit for the front.

I was going to have my buddy tune it for me when I do the headers/catback.

11TGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Airraid MIT on my 16 Yukon XL 5.3 with a K&N filter in the factory box. Installed the Magnaflow catback first, then I installed the MIT, I did notice better throttle response, not loud at all for me or my wife. Got a BB tune shortly after that when they had a tuning session up in Houston, now the Yukon feels like it has some good power, shifts really smooth when just cruising, shifts firm when your WOT. Working with Jared on getting my 17 GMC Sierra tuned now, just have to send him some vehicle files so he can work on the tune.

OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Airraid MIT on my 16 Yukon XL 5.3 with a K&N filter in the factory box. Installed the Magnaflow catback first, then I installed the MIT, I did notice better throttle response, not loud at all for me or my wife. Got a BB tune shortly after that when they had a tuning session up in Houston, now the Yukon feels like it has some good power, shifts really smooth when just cruising, shifts firm when your WOT. Working with Jared on getting my 17 GMC Sierra tuned now, just have to send him some vehicle files so he can work on the tune.

I had it installed on my wife's 15 and I liked the extra throttle response but it seemed like it held either 3 or 4th way too long before shifting. Granted I did not have it tuned. We have a 17 now and I was wondering if it was even worth it or save up for an afe.

11TGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had it installed on my wife's 15 and I liked the extra throttle response but it seemed like it held either 3 or 4th way too long before shifting. Granted I did not have it tuned. We have a 17 now and I was wondering if it was even worth it or save up for an afe.

Only thing I can compare the MIT and a full CAI is the MIT on my Yukon XL and a Volant CAI (15553) I just installed on my 17 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 6 speed. I first installed a Magnaflow catback on the truck, then I did the Volant CAI, the cold air does make too much noise for me when just cruise and not getting on the throttle. When the RPM's are low, the truck hesitates when you get on the throttle, then all of a sudden the RPM's rev up quick. Really don't like the way this cold air is acting now, I've had Volant before on two other vehicles and never had them do this on those vehicles. I've seen the results on the cold air kits BB tested, I know the MIT didn't perform that great on paper, but on my Yukon XL with Magnaflow catback, MIT & K&N filter, BB custom tune, I'm happy with how everything is working. I just received another Airraid MIT for my 17 GMC Sierra, going to take the Volant off and install the MIT K&N filter and mod the factory box just a little. This will make me decide which CAI kit I'm going to go with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts