Airbag interference question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that the passenger airbag rips through the panel above the glove box, and under the grab handle.
If I mount something to the top of that handle, will it interfere with airbag operation?
Even if it doesn't, I am a little concerned with putting a hard object there that someone could strike their head on. But right now ? I'm just wondering about airbag interference.

Ignore the air freshener. 881fc0d1653998c43553beb4471408f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I assume that the passenger airbag rips through the panel above the glove box, and under the grab handle.
If I mount something to the top of that handle, will it interfere with airbag operation?
Even if it doesn't, I am a little concerned with putting a hard object there that someone could strike their head on. But right now ? I'm just wondering about airbag interference.

Ignore the air freshener. 881fc0d1653998c43553beb4471408f6.jpg

That will go flying, possibly into the windshield. It'll def get ripped off tho. Not safe imo.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the air bag rips the grab handle off?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A severe rear end impact would be worse if it came loose

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya that's def not a location to place anything, (passenger killer)
that appears to be some kind of laptop or keyboard?, if so these are usually mounted up to the center console with a stand or bracket

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a printer to print out cool truck pics.....:D

Seriously tho, the grab handle stays in place and the bag rips through the lower panel like you said. I would only be concerned with the airbag getting ripped by whatever that is before it hits the passenger. My 2 cents

Last edited:
OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a printer to print out cool truck pics.....:D

Seriously tho, the grab handle stays in place and the bag rips through the lower panel like you said. I would only be concerned with the airbag getting ripped by whatever that is before it hits the passenger. My 2 cents
It's a thermal printer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would maybe try to make a bracket for under the glove box, then it only takes out the knee caps, lol
but if you don't ever have any passengers and don't mind the airbag sensor on you can just unplug that airbag
there's really no winning almost anywhere is going to be a safety issue.
why is it in the metal case>? it looks like it would probably almost fit in the glove box without the metal case.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The metal case holds the paper roll.
I'll be adding a Jotto laptop mount. I had planned to figure a way to mount it to that, but setting it on the dash seemed to be easy and fit well. 15eb17c0b6b64fc80c8c51b491eab83d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne