Airaid jr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Our06hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone running the airaid Jr intake? I'm looking at maintaining a stock appearance. Is there any gain from this unit?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like mine, mainly for the sound. I installed it not very long after I bought my Tahoe, so I can't say if it did anything for fuel economy. I may have felt a power improvement but its not enough to say for sure. Black Bear's testing shows something like 7 or 8 HP which was on-par with and even better than more expensive kits.

OP
OP
Our06hoe

Our06hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really like mine, mainly for the sound. I installed it not very long after I bought my Tahoe, so I can't say if it did anything for fuel economy. I may have felt a power improvement but its not enough to say for sure. Black Bear's testing shows something like 7 or 8 HP which was on-par with and even better than more expensive kits.

Awesome. I have other performance upgrades planned as well. This is just the start

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Airaid intake tube & filter on my 6.0 Esky, the factory intake tube is so restrictive with the sound baffles etc. love mine still looks factory but breathes and sounds a lot better

92b88b5855bec069de9d3f76df99ed81.jpg

Old intake tube

e546bf529272a57223f86e78e11756f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Our06hoe

Our06hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet thanks guys. Anyone running the spacer? I know alot of people say it's a waste other that the whistle sound.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks guys. Anyone running the spacer? I know alot of people say it's a waste other that the whistle sound.

Spacers a waste on these trucks it's good for a paper weight tho

Beezaroh

Reaction score
Im running both the airaid jr kit along with the throttle body spacer. I have to say im impressed. I get a nice kick when i step on the gas. I dont know if the spacer did anything aside from the whistle but it feels like it helped or maybe its just a psychological thing lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purely psychological. It's about 99.8% physically impossible for the spacer to make any sort of gains. That .2% chance of a gain is from the minute amount of increased plenum volume. But, these things aren't lacking plenum volume or flow in the first place. If it's one of those spacers with the helix in it to "spin" the air, then you probably lost power from the added turbulence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts