Airaid CAI and less performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FlyFlip420

Reaction score
The computer can only adjust so much. If you look inside the stock airbox there are little "wings" that "condition the air" before it hits the sensor. The air raid does not have these so the sensor reads there a little bit different with the aftermarket intake
So, send it back and get a different brand or what do you suggest?

OP
OP
F

FlyFlip420

Reaction score
The computer doesn't know how to adjust for the airflow discrepancy other than to correct fuel delivery. That does nothing for the torque calculations, throttle mapping or ignition timing.

Whats the price of a tune?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks alot! What can I fully expect from a tune on our vehicles?
Better driveability for sure! No more transmission hunting for gears. Much improved throttle response, more ponies and torque.

Sent from my fone.

Kansas Eagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Uh....some pretty "fast and loose" advise here.

First, Airaid (as well as others) will mark if their CAI's are "Tune" or "No-Tune". If not clear on the box, call the manufacturer of the CAI before you do ANYTHING.

Second, if you do indeed need a tune BE WARNED, it will probably void your factory powertrain warranty. Also, there are horror stories about people bringing in cars with aftermarket air set-ups and the dealer flat refusing to work on their vehicles because it has been "modded"

I am part of the Corvette and Mustang communities and these are VERY real issues.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Uh....some pretty "fast and loose" advise here.

First, Airaid (as well as others) will mark if their CAI's are "Tune" or "No-Tune". If not clear on the box, call the manufacturer of the CAI before you do ANYTHING.

Second, if you do indeed need a tune BE WARNED, it will probably void your factory powertrain warranty. Also, there are horror stories about people bringing in cars with aftermarket air set-ups and the dealer flat refusing to work on their vehicles because it has been "modded"

I am part of the Corvette and Mustang communities and these are VERY real issues.

It was never stated that one could not run the intake without a tune, however, it will not have any added benefit without one.

With the EFILive AutoCal, there is no issues with warranty, so long as the tune is returned to stock for dealer visits.

The dealer however could decide to void the warranty with other installed items, such as aftermarket intake, exhaust, brakes, throttle body etc.

Kansas Eagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was never stated that one could not run the intake without a tune, however, it will not have any added benefit without one.

With the EFILive AutoCal, there is no issues with warranty, so long as the tune is returned to stock for dealer visits.

The dealer however could decide to void the warranty with other installed items, such as aftermarket intake, exhaust, brakes, throttle body etc.

This is a moronic post. "no issues as long as the tune is returned to stock for dealer visits"
So, your point is to do a tune and lie to your dealer? Your point is to do a tune and and go back to stock every time you need to go to the dealer for something? Sounds REAL convenient. Better hope you dont need to get it towed in or have an emergency repair. Also, the ECM keeps track of EVERY TIME the parameters are changed, even if back to stock....so you better hope they dont check that. Also, your point about CAI's not having benefit without a tune is also false. It will help, but only to the extent the MAF sensor can adapt, there is a range that it can without a tune. That is why most CAI's offer TUNE and NO-TUNE versions of their CAI's. I will be honest and admit I have not researched them for my Tahoe, but I am in the process of getting one for my Mustang GT and I will probably be going with the AiRaid NO-TUNE CAI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT