Air Ride Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwpaine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with air ride. I have a leak in the system. The compressor runs even when the engine isn't turned over.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thinking about taking out the air ride and putting in a regular suspension. I never pull a trailer so I don't see a problem with this. Any reason I shouldn't?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
When you say when the engine isn't turned over, I assume you mean key on engine not running, if so that is normal for it to turn on when the key is in the on position.

If it is running constantly or excessively then you have a leak in the system, as it seems you already are aware.
Normally when you turn the key on it will run for a few seconds to level itself out and then shut off.

You can get passive air shocks that will have a resistor to plug into the Autoride wiring to trick the computer into thinking that the correct shocks are there but maintain the auto leveling feature OR you can just install regular shocks and get the resistors to plug in and then pull fuse 58 in the under hood fuse block to disable the compressor.

The leak is usually in the air shock bladders but could be in the hoses as well.

fatboygixxer

Reaction score
When you say when the engine isn't turned over, I assume you mean key on engine not running, if so that is normal for it to turn on when the key is in the on position.

If it is running constantly or excessively then you have a leak in the system, as it seems you already are aware.
Normally when you turn the key on it will run for a few seconds to level itself out and then shut off.

You can get passive air shocks that will have a resistor to plug into the Autoride wiring to trick the computer into thinking that the correct shocks are there but maintain the auto leveling feature OR you can just install regular shocks and get the resistors to plug in and then pull fuse 58 in the under hood fuse block to disable the compressor.

The leak is usually in the air shock bladders but could be in the hoses as well.

Do you recommend any particular conversion kit? I'm thinking of replacing my air ride as well as I have a hole in the bag on my driver side.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Do you recommend any particular conversion kit? I'm thinking of replacing my air ride as well as I have a hole in the bag on my driver side.
I just replaced my air shocks with the remanufactured units from Arnott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288