Air ride Suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TanklessPro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First, long time lerker first time poster. I have used this forum a good bit for help and I wanted to say thanks. My story is a little long but I'm trying to figure this out.
We have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ 4x4. My wife usually drives it in the summer only and we needed to put tires on it. I went with the 295/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with a CCM 2.5" Front and 1" Rear lift/leveling kit after seeing the same on another thread here. I took it to get the kit and tires on it at a friends shop. While there the five year old battery started acting up and I ended up putting a battery in it.
So after the battery, my wife said that the right front tire was scrubbing and I noticed the Service Suspension notice showed up on the display. I also noticed the Suspension Air Conpressor was not running. I took it back to my friends shop to check the codes. It had several codes, one of which was the right front sensor. We checked the sensor and it was unplugged.
The codes said to check the fuses,which we did but all were ok. My friend said it was probably the conpressor but he didn't have time to check it, due to going out of town.
So I took it home today and pulled the compressor. I checked it by putting 12volts to the compressor and it started running. My daughter helped me check to make sure it was putting out air and the only air pressure was coming out of the exhaust hose. So I think it is bad, I think?
So I wanted to check the relay so I checked the plug to the compressor and I never get 12 volts to the compressor run circuit after cranking. Do I need to check the relay or leveling sensors next?
So my question is, am I going about this wrong? Am I missing something? Should I just order the Arnott Conpressor and hope it fixes it?
So for all of this,but we are headed out of town next weekend and I really need to drive it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If you didn't adjust the rear level sensors after putting a 1" spacer in the rear then the compressor sees the truck is already "too high" in the rear and won't turn on. You need a longer rod on the rear level semsors to compensate for the 1" spacer OR maybe you can bend the brackets.

My 2 cents... YMMV

Was the auto level working properly before the leveling kit???

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check all the big block type fuses under the hood. It's not marked well, and I missed it on mine.

OP
OP
TanklessPro

TanklessPro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you didn't adjust the rear level sensors after putting a 1" spacer in the rear then the compressor sees the truck is already "too high" in the rear and won't turn on. You need a longer rod on the rear level semsors to compensate for the 1" spacer OR maybe you can bend the brackets.

My 2 cents... YMMV

Was the auto level working properly before the leveling kit???

Yes it was working before. I get that about the spacer but I raised the front 2.5". Would your idea still apply. Also I put 3 adults in the third row and the compressor still would not come on.

OP
OP
TanklessPro

TanklessPro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I called CCM about the lift kit and they said it sounded like a relay issue. Arnott said the same thing.
Where is the relay located?

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's zip tied on a wiring harness under the master cylinder.

OP
OP
TanklessPro

TanklessPro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the vacuum solenoid off of the pump to check it. The solenoid was bad, showed open when it should have had resistance.
I could have tried replacing just the solenoid but I broke off the bolts when I took it off. I ordered a new one from Arnott and it was here in two days. Only took 10 mins to install the new one and everything is working now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts