Air intake/throttle body spacer combo, which work together? 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting an aftermarket intake as well as a throttle body spacer for my '95 Tahoe TBI. From what I have heard, using certain intakes with certain throttle body spacers can require modification to one or the other in order for them to "fit" together. I'd like to find a pair that can mate together without Jerry-rigging the setup. I'm guessing this would be specific to the 350 TBI and not the Vortec. Thanks ahead of time!

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think spacers are a waste of money. No power gains, and no noticeable improvements. I used to have a 1990 350 TBI. Did a spacer and didn’t notice a thing. Save your money and put it toward a custom chip.

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the flip side to that... i used to have a 93 Blazer TBI.. i did a TBI injector spacer and an AIRAID helix spacer.. i felt a big difference in that alone, throttle response was MUCH improved and gas mileage was improved as well.

J

james543

most tb spacer marketing tactics are a joke. ignore the power gains they claim the only thing the usually do is help mpg a bit.

OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most tb spacer marketing tactics are a joke. ignore the power gains they claim the only thing the usually do is help mpg a bit.

That’s fine with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

james543

well based off my experience i feel the same way. i actually used to have a saved email response from one of the typical tb spacer mfg that validated my statement. however if i get my old account back ill try to link it to you I think its somewhere on the forums. ive run tb spacers on quite a few of my vehicles and ive seen mpg gains on all of them. one vehicle i will admit gained so little mpg it wasn't worth it. as far as the tbi version i had a 94 suburban i had a spacer on and i just ran a typical chrome pan style air cleaner. i dont remember the mpg gain on that one but i felt it was worth it. my 97 tahoe has a spacer and the k&n intake. technically it doesn't fit with my ram air hood but some foam padding on the fiberglass has kept it safe for almost 2 yrs.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thanks to nathan ive got my account back. i cant find that old post that i tagged that email in. may have been a different forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63