Air Conditioner quits blowing from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cactusjak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Suburban, the ac works fine for a while , then the air quits coming out of the dash vents, it doesn't get hot, or anything, it just quits coming out of the dash vents. I shut the AC off for about 4 mins, then you can feel the air coming out of the dash vents again, turn on the AC again and its good for about 20 mins the it happens again. I just don't want to start throwing parts at it. anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 Suburban, the ac works fine for a while , then the air quits coming out of the dash vents, it doesn't get hot, or anything, it just quits coming out of the dash vents. I shut the AC off for about 4 mins, then you can feel the air coming out of the dash vents again, turn on the AC again and its good for about 20 mins the it happens again. I just don't want to start throwing parts at it. anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

Does this happen with the fan on high or when using on a lower blower setting.
Next time it happens turn only the AC button off, not the main power (to keep the blower going) and see if it starts blowing after a few minutes. If you smell moist air and it blows hard again then your evaporator is freezing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2