Air conditioner issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blower control module is really the phrase for the "resistor" just couldn't
think of the word !!! Really common. And look at the wires that lead in/out of it.
Some models (not ours necessarily) this is a known issue and there are replacement
harnesess suggested when replacing and are cheap

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blower control module and resistor are not the same thing. They have the same task of controlling the speed of the blower but they are not interchangeable. The module is for auto HVAC and the resistor for manual.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the phrase that is confusing to me. When you say, "the air was on", do you mean the blower? If the air/blower was on and blowing and the "air conditioning was on", instead of heat, that points to an actuator, to me.

It sounds like you are saying two things at times. Intermittently, the a/c is turned on and your compressor clutch is engaged, and at times, the blower is on but nothing is coming out or at times, the blower is not blowing out.

Saying the air was on and the air conditioning was on, can be confusing, at least to me.

I'm even more confused by hearing the air conditioning pump turned on. does that mean the blower motor inside is running but no air from the vents. or pop the hood and see the ac compressor clutch spinning.

if you can hear the ac compressor running form inside the car, that means it's loud enough to be a concern, but hopefully if a dealer checked it out, they would have caught that?

bsamole

Reaction score
If you are getting A/C cool air in the rear that indicates the A/C is working. If no A/C cool air in the front but A/C cool air in the rear is most likely caused by the blend door malfunction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz