aftermarket radio retain 6 disc changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that there were threads about this but I can not find them.

I want to install an aftermarket radio. Some of themn I am looking at do not have a cd/dvd player, so I was thinking of keeping the 6 disc changer since it still works fine.

Does anyone know if it is possible? I have contacted Crutchfield and they are not sure. I thought I saw something about adding to an aux input on the radio.

05 Yukon Denali
LUX bos system - nav, rear dvd, 6 disc changer

Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not possible. It's the radio that controls what the changer does

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not possible. It's the radio that controls what the changer does
So, no way to connect the changed to an AUX input? I was afraid of that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
I thought that there were threads about this but I can not find them.

I want to install an aftermarket radio. Some of themn I am looking at do not have a cd/dvd player, so I was thinking of keeping the 6 disc changer since it still works fine.

Does anyone know if it is possible? I have contacted Crutchfield and they are not sure. I thought I saw something about adding to an aux input on the radio.

05 Yukon Denali
LUX bos system - nav, rear dvd, 6 disc changer

Thanks

What if you burn your CDs into mp3 format, you will be able to fit over 100 songs that way. Also try playing ur music/media thru USB drive or I've seen some stereos with SD Memory Card input...wat units in particular are you looking into?

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current oem doesn't have usb or bluetooth for that matter. Just trying to decide what aftermarket I want to go with. Old school so I'm used to cds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you burn your CDs into mp3 format, you will be able to fit over 100 songs that way. Also try playing ur music/media thru USB drive or I've seen some stereos with SD Memory Card input...wat units in particular are you looking into?

Most aftermarkets have dvd capability so probably 1000’s of songs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy