Aftermarket exhaust options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do what I did as an initial test. I removed the resonator to see how that'd sound. There is a flange so no need to cut anything to just remove that piece. If you like the difference then you can just weld on a side exit tip. I didn't find it to be loud enough so that's why I ended up with my Gibson.

00 TAHOE LT "LUTHER"

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone get a backfire pop when the engine cuts on from electric mode?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just experienced this today standing behind my hybrid. No pop noise but an aggressive choke like backfire. Weird. I wonder what's the this problem now.

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing a Gibson single side exit exhaust on my tahoe today. Did it without a lift and by myself so it was a little tough. Bought a Sawzall just for the job. Could not remove the stock system without cutting it. Was sort of difficult aligning all of the sections. Will check all the bolts in a week unless something falls off before that. ;)

Exhaust sound at idle is a little louder and gurgly. Nothing outrageous but definitely more appropriate for a 6 liter V8. A little louder and more aggressive than just removing the resonator off of the OEM exhaust system.

Hey, what you think about this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-5574...ash=item20db7af37b:g:amEAAOxyLN9SjSf~&vxp=mtr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep