Aftermarket alarm back to factory.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry28a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get my keyless entry to work after an aftermarket alarm was removed?

OP
OP
Barry28a

Barry28a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If all is back to normal and stock alarm is ok, you can try the relearn programming. Here it is on first post-
http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21497&highlight

thanks for the response but that the first thing i tried. didnt work....

so i looked at how the dealer i bought it from removed the alarm. there were still some wires going to a relay and also a yellow wire that was split into something else...

i removed all wires and aftermarket realys and reconnected the yellow wire and i still cannot relearn my key fob.

i also noticed that if I lock my doors, even if i use the key to unlock the door my alarm still goes off until i start the truck.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. I'd try to see if the keyless remote works. Go to autozone or local parts store and they usually have a key fob tester. You just point your fob at it and press a button and the receiver will tell you if it's sending a signal. If not, check the battery in the fob.

OP
OP
Barry28a

Barry28a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK. I'd try to see if the keyless remote works. Go to autozone or local parts store and they usually have a key fob tester. You just point your fob at it and press a button and the receiver will tell you if it's sending a signal. If not, check the battery in the fob.

good idea! i did put a new battery in it but never tested it. off to autozone i go. thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01

Latest posts