Afterblow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a submariners term, maybe it was but I cannot remember anymore!

Anyone heard of this before?

I was diagnosing my AC yesterday with the Tech2 and came across this feature. Looked it up in my shop manual and it is a feature used to dry out the evaporator core.

Once activated, it will turn on 30 minutes after the engine has been in key off for 30 minutes. The blower motor will turn on at 69% power for 2 minutes 30 seconds to 4 minutes. However, the outside temp has to be above 70, the battery at 12 volts and the AC compressor must have been on during the last key cycle.

Going to turn mine on this afternoon even though the evaporator core was spotless when we did the cabin filter installation.

I thought of poor Chuck in post #4 in this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/07-tahoe-cabin-air-filter-addition.95554/

Maybe it is also available for the GMT800s? I do not know.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to do it this afternoon. The procedure is to build the truck with the Tech2, select the HVAC control module, select module setup and select the afterblow option. Once selected, an asterisk will appear and the save button pressed to keep it active before exiting.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Sounds like a submariners term, maybe it was but I cannot remember anymore!

Anyone heard of this before?

I was diagnosing my AC yesterday with the Tech2 and came across this feature. Looked it up in my shop manual and it is a feature used to dry out the evaporator core.

Once activated, it will turn on 30 minutes after the engine has been in key off for 30 minutes. The blower motor will turn on at 69% power for 2 minutes 30 seconds to 4 minutes. However, the outside temp has to be above 70, the battery at 12 volts and the AC compressor must have been on during the last key cycle.

Going to turn mine on this afternoon even though the evaporator core was spotless when we did the cabin filter installation.

I thought of poor Chuck in post #4 in this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/07-tahoe-cabin-air-filter-addition.95554/

Maybe it is also available for the GMT800s? I do not know.

Sounds like you have been having some scanner fun...

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's active now and we'll go outside in a little bit and see if it kicks on, all the parameters right so it should.

Yeah, in 2006 I bought a brand new GM Pontiac Montana, our second, and while the first one ran flawlessly and was near trouble free, this one spent quite a bit of time in the shop. It was frustrating to me, a car guy, not being to work on it and fix it and having to rely on the dealer because at the time we could not afford to spend $3k on a computer for the car.

In the 1980s and 1990s I had one of the first GM scan tools, an OTC I think, and used it all the time to keep our Buick's running in top condition.

So when deciding to buy this truck, a Tech2 was a must. Thankfully the engine and powertrain are running perfect and am going to get those little AC issues taken care after these hurricanes get out of the way, and the brakes, still haven't had time to do the rear brakes! ARGGHHH!! The Tech2 allows all these things that cannot be seen or adjusted through the DIC to be done through it. It has already paid for itself in money saved by not having to take it to anyone for diagnosis.

Rocket Man, hey didn't President Trump mention your name the other day? LOL One can buy a new Tech2 from the factory in China (Vetronix) for about $300.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute....isn't afterblow
Well it's active now and we'll go outside in a little bit and see if it kicks on, all the parameters right so it should.

Yeah, in 2006 I bought a brand new GM Pontiac Montana, our second, and while the first one ran flawlessly and was near trouble free, this one spent quite a bit of time in the shop. It was frustrating to me, a car guy, not being to work on it and fix it and having to rely on the dealer because at the time we could not afford to spend $3k on a computer for the car.

In the 1980s and 1990s I had one of the first GM scan tools, an OTC I think, and used it all the time to keep our Buick's running in top condition.

So when deciding to buy this truck, a Tech2 was a must. Thankfully the engine and powertrain are running perfect and am going to get those little AC issues taken care after these hurricanes get out of the way, and the brakes, still haven't had time to do the rear brakes! ARGGHHH!! The Tech2 allows all these things that cannot be seen or adjusted through the DIC to be done through it. It has already paid for itself in money saved by not having to take it to anyone for diagnosis.

Rocket Man, hey didn't President Trump mention your name the other day? LOL One can buy a new Tech2 from the factory in China (Vetronix) for about $300.
Yeah you can get a Chinese knock-off but I've heard they're hit-or-miss and you need to do a bunch of sketchy software install stuff. And yes now the president of North Korea and I share the same moniker lol.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are Chicom knockoffs but you can also buy them from the same factory that makes them for Vetronix and others. That's what I did. Did not have to do any sketchy software install stuff.

Don't know if I went outside too late but did not hear the blower motor turn on earlier when changing the fog lamps and cleaning up outside. Could've been distracted and missed it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne