After market hu with stock back up camera question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skinny782

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 taheo with the stock back up camera in the rear view mirror. If i change the head unit will i lose the camera and is thier an addapter to make the camera work on the new head unit instead of the mirror?

OP
OP
S

Skinny782

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

reenrik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the idatalink Maestro gm5+ harness comes with an additional harness for the backup camera, here's a picture of it.

View attachment 85066
Only works if you had factory nav and your camera displayed in the dash. I've got the backup cam in the mirror in my 2014 Yukon. Would love to be able to use a splitter and display in both locations!

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter which way you go, you have option to retain everything. I didnt go maestro, I went PAC way and came with very similar harness. Retaining the rear seat entertainment required additional harnesses but everything can be retained.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Only works if you had factory nav and your camera displayed in the dash. I've got the backup cam in the mirror in my 2014 Yukon. Would love to be able to use a splitter and display in both locations!

the signal wires are in the passenger kick for the video going to the mirror. you can take a single rca and solder it to those wires and run that to your aftermarket stereo. ive done it a few times.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Yep thats exactly it. if im not mistaken you dont have to take anything off to get to it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt