AFM Delete with Range module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the right one. Sent it back because mine was old and they loaded new code (17 Tahoe). Still does not work right. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it does not. Emailed Range and they said they would send me a knew one. Three emails later. Not a word from Range. Nice waist for a couple hundred bucks.
What do you mean sometimes it does not come on - no lights?? If that’s the case I’d guess faulty device or the OBD pins in the device aren’t making correct contact.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats just weird. Well, send it back and request a new one. Im sure they will help you out.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on one, but folks having issues make me second guess the purchase. I have been just driving around in "m5" which is fine.

For those where the check engine light comes on..it doesn't do anything to the vehicle correct? Just shows the light? If that is the case I could deal with that if it came up.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the CEL is coming on, it must be throwing a code of some kind. What that is, I don't know, I just do the M5 thing and let it go into AFM on the highway.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on one, but folks having issues make me second guess the purchase. I have been just driving around in "m5" which is fine.

For those where the check engine light comes on..it doesn't do anything to the vehicle correct? Just shows the light? If that is the case I could deal with that if it came up.
When light comes on (maybe once every 3 weeks and always on a start) all I do before I start off is reach down and unplug the device while the engine is running, count to 5 and then plug it back in. The CEL clears within 10 seconds. Light has never come on while driving in over 9 months of use.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
When light comes on (maybe once every 3 weeks and always on a start) all I do before I start off is reach down and unplug the device while the engine is running, count to 5 and then plug it back in. The CEL clears within 10 seconds. Light has never come on while driving in over 9 months of use.

thanks for the info. Based on this would you still recommend purchasing one? I was leaning towards picking up one cheap on ebay, but maybe Ill just buy through Range just in case I have issues etc. I think they also update the firmware for free?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info. Based on this would you still recommend purchasing one? I was leaning towards picking up one cheap on ebay, but maybe Ill just buy through Range just in case I have issues etc. I think they also update the firmware for free?
Definitely buy direct (or from an authorized reseller). I'd buy again - I opted for this device because I didn't want to modify the ECU with a tune. As I said the CEL only occurs sporadically and only on start, not while driving. The CEL can be corrected easily and quickly. It's a good product. I'm using it on 2017 Yukon Denali.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Definitely buy direct (or from an authorized reseller). I'd buy again - I opted for this device because I didn't want to modify the ECU with a tune. As I said the CEL only occurs sporadically and only on start, not while driving. The CEL can be corrected easily and quickly. It's a good product. I'm using it on 2017 Yukon Denali.

Awesome. I'm planning to buy through them for my '17. Thanks again for the info. I can deal with a sporadic CEL if it occurs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14