AFM Delete with Range module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Get blue lights and I am going by the V4 indicator light coming on. It sure feels like the AFM is still engaged.
It shouldn’t come on, call range and have them send you a new one. Someone on this forum said that they are many bad ones out there but you are the first that i know of. Mines been in for about 8 mths now no probs, and i pulled it out to get inspected and put it back in, no probs.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine still goes into V4 mode alot even withe the Range and new firmware. 2017 Tahoe!!

Yep. Get blue lights and I am going by the V4 indicator light coming on. It sure feels like the AFM is still engaged.

Okay, stupid question here, but did you get the correct Range device? They do have one that puts into AFM MORE frequently. And, it still should not go into AFM in M5.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Okay, stupid question here, but did you get the correct Range device? They do have one that puts into AFM MORE frequently. And, it still should not go into AFM in M5.

This. There are 2 different models.

nsyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does disabling AFM effect MPG in any significant manner? Also does the battery drain issue still exist? or have they fixed it?

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does disabling AFM effect MPG in any significant manner? Also does the battery drain issue still exist? or have they fixed it?
2 hr trip, about same speed, about same ambient temp to same place.... one trip with range in, one trip with range out....17 vs 17.8 mpg respectively ... no drain on mine 13 tahoe... been plugged in constant for about 8 mths minus the trst trip and inspection about 2 days each time

OP
OP
D

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the red light version which is more subtle and it lights up all the time. Maybe it’s a bad unit??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the red light version which is more subtle and it lights up all the time. Maybe it’s a bad unit??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, they have 4 LED colors! I did not know that.
I personally do not care for the blue LED's; too bright at night. I bet red would be better.
I actually cover mine with electrical tape.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done the firmware update/trade and had issues with it? I've had mine in my Silverado and now in my Escalade with zero issues and I'm wondering if it's even worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14