AFM Delete with Range module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently installed a Range module on our 16 Yukon xl to lockout V4 mode permanently and have to say it feels like a different engine / trans combo. No more constant clunking and annoying lag and RPM jump when unnecessarily down shifting. Very smooth and trans feels like it is supposed to be.

Deciding point for me was after a bunch of trips to our beach house where a long single lane stretch keeps us around 50 - 55 mph for an hour and the V4 drone / bogging down was driving me nuts! Kept switching between 5th and 6th then V4 to V8... then back to V4 then would bog down at 1k rpm and switch to V8 again - ugh.

Much better now with the V8 only mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I share those comments as well on my 2013 Suburban.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still just use the M5 method to lock out V4 mode. For an old timer like me, it's like shutting off overdrive in the city on my Ram. But it's there if I want it.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently installed a Range module on our 16 Yukon xl to lockout V4 mode permanently and have to say it feels like a different engine / trans combo. No more constant clunking and annoying lag and RPM jump when unnecessarily down shifting. Very smooth and trans feels like it is supposed to be.

Deciding point for me was after a bunch of trips to our beach house where a long single lane stretch keeps us around 50 - 55 mph for an hour and the V4 drone / bogging down was driving me nuts! Kept switching between 5th and 6th then V4 to V8... then back to V4 then would bog down at 1k rpm and switch to V8 again - ugh.

Much better now with the V8 only mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious which version is Range shipping now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts