aFe intake didn't pass smog -> This was their honest tech help. Lame...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 Yukon 5.3, aFe Stage II intake. Tried to get it smogged yesterday for my registration, passed except for the fact that the shop couldn't find the CARB number for the intake, so it failed. I looked it up, and apparently this intake only has a CARB number for 99-03 even though they advertise the intake 99-07.

Called up the tech department at aFe yesterday, told them the situation. They stated that they do in fact NOT have a CARB certification on the 04-07 models. They asked if I still had the stock intake, which I don't. So HERE WAS HIS ADVICE...ready...here we go...

And I quote "Go ahead and pay your registration. They will send you back a slip saying that you still need a smog and you won't get your tags, but at least your registration will be paid. When you get pulled over for expired tags, just pay the fix it ticket. Thats what I always do."

Pretty great company huh? I shall be hunting junk yards in the San Diego area if anyone wants to go on an adventure with me!

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Cal really needs to slide into the ocean, better yet, take the whole dang state except for Lake Shasta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA