aFe 54-74104 intake revisit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I am finally ready to purchase an intake I am reading mixed signs on this intake.

BB got the best results out of this intake. However I am reading about several fitment issues.
Some place else, at sometime, I read someone cautioned against using an oiled filter which is the 54 comes with. The 51-74104 does not.

When checking into some of this on Amazon their website cautions me that this item does NOT fit a 2015 Yukon.

So now I am back to square 1.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Get the Airaid MIT and the dry (non-oiled) filter. It is probably the best setup (I think that is what BB found) and compromise with no fitment issues.

Sounds good as well!

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that one. But their test mentioned 'constant knock retard at 5600 rpm'.
Although I'm sure their custom tune would adjust for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with the Volant. $300. More torque and 3 less hp.

Last edited:

ATX 14

Reaction score
Please give an update with the performance and fit of the Volant.

BAZ Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had their throttle reprogrammed after installing a CAI? Had a GM mechanic re program mine after installing new throttle body and it sounded like a turbo winding up. Seemed like it was being used more efficiently. Anyone experience this?

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please give an update with the performance and fit of the Volant.
I did in another thread. Nice intake but had some fitment issues.

Has anyone ever had their throttle reprogrammed after installing a CAI? Had a GM mechanic re program mine after installing new throttle body and it sounded like a turbo winding up. Seemed like it was being used more efficiently. Anyone experience this?
I assume an ECM/TCM tune will accomplish this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons