Advice on Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Significant other's car is a white 2014 Ford Fusion. (not hybrid) 2.0 Turbo. Love it, its a great car
(picture for reference)

The wheels that came on it look nice, but I have some issues with them.

1. they are too "busy" looking. I like simpler looking wheels, also that makes them easier to clean
  2. they are actually "painted" because there is a few places the silver finish is chipping off them to reveal a white.... alloy(?) underneath.
  3. these are the worst wheels for curb rash I have ever seen. I have never curb rashed a wheel before, and I've managed to get every one of these, and it isn't even my DD (she has also done it) I don't know what it is, or why, but the rim sticks out at least 4mm past the sidewall of the tire.
So, I want to find a wheel that looks good on the car, and a tire size that will work. I come here because in the few Fusion forums I've been to, it seems that everyone uses very ***-tuner wheels. I'm looking for something American or European looking, simple design. any and all suggestions are welcome.

Wheels are 5x108 pattern
I'll go 18-20"
backspacing is 35-41
and apparently a 9.5" wheel JUST BARELY fits on the front.

Other notes, I'm going to wrap the chrome trim around the windows with black vinyl, the chrome doesn't look right
and also I'm going to find a black grille insert that looks more like the one of the focus ST ones
Ford-Focus-ST-grille.jpg
84675529.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401