Advice on rust + install found on 2010 Tahoe underside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The interesting part is they didn’t give the previous owner even market value. When you trade in an altered vehicle their offer goes down. The owner probably said he spent thousands on the lift and even more on the wheels and tires. To which they replied there’s a small market for this vehicle. Been there done that. Stick to your offer. If they decline tell them thanks but you’ll keep looking. They’ll call within a few days unless they have another offer. Have you looked for one that’s not lifted and priced the mods?

Agreed, I'd had custom vehicles before, you never recoup the cost of those mods unless you sell private party to someone who actually wants it that way.

The dealership claimed to 'only be making $1300 as the price is listed now'. Which would mean they paid dealer book for it.

BS

They were trying to pull one over on me and it's simply not gonna work.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't respond to your other question. Yes I have been looking for a charcoal gray one for some time now. Finding one with low mileage is what has been difficult.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are lots of us on here to look too. Give us the exact description of what you’re looking for and your top price but remember to leave room for the lift and wheels and tires.

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are lots of us on here to look too. Give us the exact description of what you’re looking for and your top price but remember to leave room for the lift and wheels and tires.

I'd never ask people to help but if you're offering, I sure as hell won't turn that down!

I'm looking for an 09-14 Tahoe Z71 in the gunmetal gray they call it "dark gray with Tungsten Metallic" or something like that. I'd prefer lighter interior to the more common 'ebony' but I'm fine with either.

The less miles the better which is why it's been so hard to find. It seems black/white/silver are the primary colors they made in the z71s during those years.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8_chevrolet_tahoe-pic-2412792437988346386-1024x768.jpg

8_chevrolet_tahoe-pic-8174414885707231606-1024x768.jpg
8_chevrolet_tahoe-pic-8191833163248841603-1024x768.jpg
8_chevrolet_tahoe-pic-1892021089967833588-1024x768.jpg
Found this one quick. Not a Z71 but not your average LS price was just under 17k miles we’re 112. Send me a pm with your email address so I can sent them there. Not hurting my feelings if you don’t like what I send.

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PM incoming.

I'm pretty set on color and trim. Only because I tend to buy a vehicle and drive it into the ground. So making sure that I get exactly what I am looking for.

That tahoe is the standard silver and not the dark gray which is annoyingly difficult to find.
I'm willing to spend the money for a well kept one with lower mileage.

The other factor is that I'm in central TX so finding one that I have to have shipped to me kinda sketches me out.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I do like the way that hoe sits with chrome BMFs! Shame they wont drop the price and make a deal for it. It would take some money to correct it back to a clean format for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14