Advice on rust + install found on 2010 Tahoe underside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh that's much better price than expected.

Ya it’s honestly not too bad, I did the frame of my OBS Tahoe myself but when I get around to doing my Escalade I’m just gonna get it done somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
If you get it stripped and painted on the frame and suspension. I would go for it as long as the price is where I said to cover the restore process.

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you get it stripped and painted on the frame and suspension. I would go for it as long as the price is where I said to cover the restore process.

Thank you for the post, I think that I'm gonna do exactly this. Just low-ball the shit out of the place to hopefully get a good deal.

And thank you to everyone that posted here.

I'll take before/after pics if I buy it (I'm like 90% sure I will if there's no surprises).

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last thing I’d add to all the great replies. I can’t remember the name of this product cuz I’m old but you brush it over any rust and it converts it. Last one is don’t feel pressured bc you drove 4 hours to get it. If it’s not what you thought walk away. Better to waste a day than be stuck with something you don’t like. Ps. You’ll be a lift expert after doing standard repairs and replacement.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last thing I’d add to all the great replies. I can’t remember the name of this product cuz I’m old but you brush it over any rust and it converts it. Last one is don’t feel pressured bc you drove 4 hours to get it. If it’s not what you thought walk away. Better to waste a day than be stuck with something you don’t like. Ps. You’ll be a lift expert after doing standard repairs and replacement.
Por-15

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone.

The status of that Tahoe is that the dealership is asking $1300 OVER book price.

I offered book minus $2k which is the quotes I was given to sandblast and coat the underside (~900) and work for the suspension (replace the struts which have a ~40k mile life as well as rebuild the coils would be ~1k and figured since it might not even need a coil rebuild I just said $1k).

Either way, they won't budge on the price but I hope that they do. I'm still very interested in it. I"m just looking elsewhere just in case. :(

I learned so much from you all. Thank you to everyone who responded!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
They are too high in my opinion. I would ask some over for mine but the entire undercarriage is rust free and clean powder black on most parts. Yes that has coilovers but they need a full rebuild and all of it needs stripped/painted. Wheels are pitted but tires seem decent tread. I would expect with the under side in that condition the previous owner didn't clean it much at all since all signs point to it. Maybe a mud toy and no cleaning afterwards.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interesting part is they didn’t give the previous owner even market value. When you trade in an altered vehicle their offer goes down. The owner probably said he spent thousands on the lift and even more on the wheels and tires. To which they replied there’s a small market for this vehicle. Been there done that. Stick to your offer. If they decline tell them thanks but you’ll keep looking. They’ll call within a few days unless they have another offer. Have you looked for one that’s not lifted and priced the mods?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts