Advice on rust + install found on 2010 Tahoe underside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang that's a lot of surface rust. How much time do you want to put into it and what's the sale price?

I haven't haggled with them yet. They are asking book price b/c it only has 43k miles.

I plan on pointing everything out I've learned on here and from general homework.

If I get it, I'd certainly work on rust removal and then sealer (like por 15/rustbullet type thing).

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I haven't haggled with them yet. They are asking book price b/c it only has 43k miles.

I plan on pointing everything out I've learned on here and from general homework.

If I get it, I'd certainly work on rust removal and then sealer (like por 15/rustbullet type thing).

Low miles but that’s some rough wear under it. I mean each part needs to be sanded and painted or coated. I wouldn’t pay more than trade in to private party value in good to fair condition for it based on kbb numbers. Check nada too they will be lower but gives you an idea. The lift and tires add $2k max over book value.

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Low miles but that’s some rough wear under it. I mean each part needs to be sanded and painted or coated. I wouldn’t pay more than trade in to private party value in good to fair condition for it based on kbb numbers. Check nada too they will be lower but gives you an idea. The lift and tires add $2k max over book value.

Yikes, ok.

Yeah the rust in the pics I saw previously didn't look as bad b/c of the lighting. That's why I came to post here to see what you guys say.
I've been struggling to find a 09-14 z71 in that charcoal gray. When I found this one with low mileage, I was stoked.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some more pics of the rust I was asking about. This time with better lighting and the wheels off.

Adding to the main post as well: https://imgur.com/a/eLSzI

That’s definitely fixable just a matter of if you want to deal with it or if you can find something cleaner that you’d rather get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s definitely fixable just a matter of if you want to deal with it or if you can find something cleaner that you’d rather get

Agreed, I'd much rather get something cleaner. This is the first one I found with sub 80k miles in a long time though. :(

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I'd much rather get something cleaner. This is the first one I found with sub 80k miles in a long time though. :(

I wouldn’t get too worried about miles, I mean low mileage is nice but a 80k mile truck might be better taken care of then a 45k mile truck, the condition of the exterior is a big one to me if the exterior and interior is pretty clean odds are the truck was taken care of, but that’s just my line of thinking

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is pretty clean. I just gotta decide if that rust is worth dealing with. If so, tehn I'm treking 3.5 hours to go look at it. :)

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is pretty clean. I just gotta decide if that rust is worth dealing with. If so, tehn I'm treking 3.5 hours to go look at it. :)

Or if you don’t want to deal with it get a price from a shop at cleaning it up, there’s a place up here they clean the frame down to bare metal and paint it looks better then new and it holds up very well should be some places down there that do the same

OP
OP
K

kalig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or if you don’t want to deal with it get a price from a shop at cleaning it up, there’s a place up here they clean the frame down to bare metal and paint it looks better then new and it holds up very well should be some places down there that do the same

Any idea what htey charge for that? Even a ballpark price would be good. I googled it but it's all over the place.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea what htey charge for that? Even a ballpark price would be good. I googled it but it's all over the place.

This is a dump truck but it shows how it comes out, they start SUV’s at $700 blasted & painted

8f006d37ccb87917b2522ad8d8a90681.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs