Advice Needed: Trade in Q5 for 2009 Yukon Hybrid w/ 150K?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dak244

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All -

I am having a tough time making a decision so I wanted to reach out for advice/insight from current Yukon/Tahoe Hybrid owners.

I am currently 1 year into a lease on a 2016 Q5. I do like the car just fine, but am tired of making a $500/mo. ($6K/yr) lease payment. A friend of mine owns a small, independent dealership and currently has a 2009 Yukon Hybrid for sale that he took in on trade. The Yukon is super well maintained inside and out and appears to be in overall good mechanical condition. Given that it has so many miles on it (151K), I figure a majority were highway (somewhat confirmed by CarFax).

In short, he can take me out of my Audi lease and sell me the Yukon for $12.5K, which seems like a fairly reasonable deal considering what I've seen some of the Yukons (hybrid and non) going for locally. Excluding maintenance (which is a big question mark), I figure I'm going to pay $12K in lease payments on the Audi in the next 2 years and get nothing for it in the end versus essentially owning the Yukon.

I realize this is a VERY subjective forum post and depends upon a lot of factors, but just thought I would throw it out to see what experiences folks have had with Yukon Hybrids at that age (i.e. maintenance, wear and tear, etc.) as well as just to get opinions on what people would do in my situation. I should note this is not a money-related decision (I can continue to afford the Q5 lease) but more so what appears to be a good deal, and mental annoyance of paying on a lease.

Thanks in advance!