Adjustable airbag suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone put this on their truck?
Opinions?
Suggestions?
Thoughts?
What exactly are you talking about, there's different types. Manufacturer, model, etc. Are you talking about something like a system that replaces your shocks and springs and allows for a few inches of adjustment or something more substantial like my CC where it can be dropped all the way to the ground?

OP
OP
StrokedHer2000z71

StrokedHer2000z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for the full shock and leaf spring replacement. With at least a 4inch adjustability.

What exactly are you talking about, there's different types. Manufacturer, model, etc. Are you talking about something like a system that replaces your shocks and springs and allows for a few inches of adjustment or something more substantial like my CC where it can be dropped all the way to the ground?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the full shock and leaf spring replacement. With at least a 4inch adjustability.
I should have asked what year your truck is but I just noticed you’re in 91-99 lifted area. If you want air suspension to lift I have no idea. I’m familiar with using it to drop.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
My understanding is that air-lift vs drop is the same...just a matter of positioning, relatively speaking -lift shocks/springs will obviously be longer than lowering shocks/springs.

If you're wanting to replace the leaf springs, you'll need a four-link setup to keep everything located/positioned properly.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that air-lift vs drop is the same...just a matter of positioning, relatively speaking -lift shocks/springs will obviously be longer than lowering shocks/springs.

If you're wanting to replace the leaf springs, you'll need a four-link setup to keep everything located/positioned properly.
In a general sense yes they're similar. I believe lifting will be comparitively easy considering lowering usually involves modifying the frame and suspension components to a greater degree in order to get things to tuck. When you lift, the frame gets farther away from obstructions. My CC had a new frame built from the engine mounts back in order to lower the body on the frame as well as tuck the wheels and rear axle, plus the axle had to be narrowed. Also there's other things like tubs, remounting things under the hood to make room, etc. I know mine's an extreme example of a bagged suspension but it's also what most people are talking about when they say a bagged truck.

image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image5.jpeg image11.jpeg

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Rocketman...we're on the same page. Nice setup!! You put pictures to the words in my head. When lowering, you're repositioning the frame mounting points upward...effectively dropping the vehicle. When lifting, you're typically lowering the frame mounting points...effectively lifting the vehicle. Suspension movement will be reduced/increased based on the amount of travel available between frame/ground points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11