Adding some HP and getting rid of DOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well I decided to get the Tahoe out and drive it alittle and discovered the rear brakes were dragging. SO I replaced the brake lines and calipers and was able to resolve that problem. Now my son is trying to convince me to buy his motor out of his G8 which is almost 700HP at the wheels. He installed a 6.2 motor but has decided he wants to go upwards to a 550 CI. That is way hotter is what I want so I am actually thinking of installing a LS3 pullout of a Camero. Put a Whipple or Procharger on it and call it a day. BTW, I can get a pullout with tranny for 6k low miles.
I'd buy it, but that's just me:D.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I decided to get the Tahoe out and drive it alittle and discovered the rear brakes were dragging. SO I replaced the brake lines and calipers and was able to resolve that problem. Now my son is trying to convince me to buy his motor out of his G8 which is almost 700HP at the wheels. He installed a 6.2 motor but has decided he wants to go upwards to a 550 CI. That is way hotter is what I want so I am actually thinking of installing a LS3 pullout of a Camero. Put a Whipple or Procharger on it and call it a day. BTW, I can get a pullout with tranny for 6k low miles.

Did you go with all OE brake components or aftermarket? Did you just replace the flexible brake lines?

What's your son doing with that G8? Planning on taking a trip to Summernats to compete in the burnout competition :). Sounds insane.

I'm gonna go with Tony on this one and say grab it from your son. You know the history of it. Its only hot when you put your foot into it :) plus it will be a whole different beast in your Tahoe being such a tank.

I'd like to see his G8

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't see many G8's around, or at least I don't.

You and me both. I never see them, especially since we've moved to the coast. May be a better chance during the summer when the tourist come around haha.

They're great for parts! lol

G8 GT passenger side exhaust tip on S10 Xtreme:

View attachment 193016

... and on Tahoe:

View attachment 193017

G8 seats in S10:

View attachment 193018

Love the G8 exhaust tips. What size are they in/out?
Those seats look killer. I wonder how they would fit in a Tahoe, hmmm?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems the charger cornered the v8 rwd sedan market, the g8 and now the chevy SS seemed like great models but neither has done very well

cts-v is holding it's own, supercharged years are a little more expensive then what im looking for , for a daily

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems the charger cornered the v8 rwd sedan market, the g8 and now the chevy SS seemed like great models but neither has done very well

I agree
The other you one never hear about is the 2010+ Chevy Caprice. I don't even think there was a civilian model, only PPV models. Great cars, if I remember correctly they came with a 6 liter and 6 speed trans. All the videos I've seen of them they only have good things to say about them, well, besides parts availability.
They sell for relatively short money too.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the G8 exhaust tips. What size are they in/out?
Those seats look killer. I wonder how they would fit in a Tahoe, hmmm?

Thank ya! Tips are 2" ID inlet and dual 2" ID outlet. The outlets are double-walled with a 2.75" OD. Of course, I cut into the oval part to make a much larger inlet for the Tahoe. Didn't wanna choke it down.

The seats were within 1/2" in all dimensions of the stock S10 seat. I don't know how they'd compare to a Tahoe/Yukon/Burb, but I think they'd be a pretty close enough fit. They were kinda goofy with the way the backs adjusted- you turned a knob for the recline. I'd rather the old school lever or power adjuster.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those your seats? Where'd you find them? Nice.

They were in the S10 I (begrudgingly) sold to buy the Tahoe. One of the last few mods I did. I scored the seats on CL. A guy bought a wrecked G8 GT to swap the entire drivetrain and electronics into an Olds 442. Apparently, the $240 I paid for the pair was a steal. Especially since I sold my stock 60/40 S10 seats for $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456