Adding some HP and getting rid of DOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sfc_jones

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Tahoe is done and loaded back up on the trailer for its ride back to GA.
Picture of it on the dyno.

Dyno.jpg

OP
OP
sfc_jones

sfc_jones

Reaction score
So it showed 272 HP and 293 Lbs of Torque at 90 mph because I have S rated tires on it and when he pushed it to 128 mph the tires got a nasty looking wrinkle to them and he let off fearing they would explode. I was moving pretty quick too when I seen it...I know that GM calls 320 HP at the crank but I thought I would get 300 HP at the wheel but I did accomplish the DOD/AFM delete. I am still happy with it. It wasn't like I was drag racing it or anything just wanted a few extra ponies out of it if I could.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far everything has gone well. Since the Tahoe has 237k on it they were surprised to see there wasn't any sludge, just the normal bronze looking residue from the oil getting hot. I didn't like seeing it but the shop said it was normal. They got the new valve springs in as well. I will post a picture of that.
where does your son work/own?

OP
OP
sfc_jones

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get back on this little project. I did have to replace the oil pump a few weeks ago but now I am looking at On3 Performance and or a Procharger. My goal is 450 to 500 HP at the wheels. So I know that Long Tube headers are a must as well as deleting the Cats.