Adding new regional sub forums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shagg and I are trying to add some new subforums for different regions to make easier to set up events, talk with other members from your area, etc.
You guys have any suggestions or preferences on how you would like to divide regions? USA will be seperated into regions (Southwest, east, midwest, etc), then we'll have a section for other countries as well, like Canada, Germany, etc.
Which states do you guys suggest to be grouped together for regions? i.e. Southwest - Tx, Ok, La, Ar, Az, etc. Southeast - Fl, Ga, Mi, etc.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I think the way my old forum I used to be on had it separated nice. Here's a SS of it for you.

16924245.png

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Effeckt I like that set up. I like how the states are more divided that the normal style of southeast, southwest, etc.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Would it be possible to do individual states or at least those states that have members? I think we could get a lot more going on if we were just organizing members in out state. Trying to get people together regionally is a big task and may only be done once or twice a year but if we had state groups we could organize more frequent, maybe monthly, meets and cruises....just my .02

It would also be beneficial to discuss local deals, shops, gas prices, ect.... things that it doesn't make sense to discuss at a regional level.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be a good idea, but puttin 50 subforums on the forum would be alot of space taken up.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
How about optional sub-forums in the regions by request for states that want to take the initiative to get things going? If you want your state added you have to ask Shaggy to add it to your region. A) Not all states have active members 2) clearly people will post up any BS if it's right in front of them but if the state thread is a sub forum of the regional forum then it will take some motivation to find it and hopefully keep the space used down.

My view is how much car realistically be done regionally and what is there really to talk about? If I planned for several months I might be able to get away for an out of state meet up but doubtful and having a bunch of information about stuff in Texas or California is of no use to me here in AZ. I think a regional meet up or any other regional info is infrequent enough to be handled in a thread and doesn't really warrant an entire sub forum.

Wouldn't it make more sense for a sub forum to be very localized so one could exchange info about reputable shops, good deals on parts, organize meet ups, help each other with projects ect....ect....

I down with it either way that's just the .02 out of my other pocket......

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
FWIW, on other car forums I'm a part of Alaska is always included in the Pac-West subforum.

I don't really care if we share space with Hawaii, but we are forced by geography to have more in common with the Pac-West then anyone else.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to create an email distribution list based on member's locations. If you have a valid email address and a location specified, I bet we can use ****'s skillz to get this going. That way, you can all get an email when a new thread is created about your state or something along those lines. the reason for implementing this is simple, I'd say most people check emails regularly, not all of our members log in daily or even weekly. This would just be an enhancement to the subforum idea.

BOSS

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say at first you just do regions. If those start to get crowded then we can break it dodwn into more sections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne