Adding heated seats to 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorswin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am adding heating elements to my stock cloth seats and I need some help. Does anyone know where I can tap into the vehicle's wiring to have a "ignition on" wire. I don't want a constant hot incase someone leaves the heater on. I want it to be disabled when the ignition is not turned on.

Thank you

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am adding heating elements to my stock cloth seats and I need some help. Does anyone know where I can tap into the vehicle's wiring to have a "ignition on" wire. I don't want a constant hot incase someone leaves the heater on. I want it to be disabled when the ignition is not turned on.

Thank you

That’s cool, I didn’t know you could do that with clothe seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm about to install heated seats on my 2002 with cloth seats. Just waiting on a few things to be delivered later this week. I plan on tapping the power window fuse so they shut off when the vehicle isn't running.

OP
OP
motorswin

motorswin

Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions on where to tap into that wire on a 2016? Or a different wire?

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like is negative trigger so you might need a relay. Sirens are + trigger with a ground to metal.

Screenshot_20171122-082718.png

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This for a 17 Yukon. Don' know if is the same. Test before connecting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17