Adding/enabling tow/haul mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to be h
Yeah my PPV doesn't have that plus or minus or even the switch to activate urban lol.

To be honest, I just got it 4 weeks back. It's a 2013 SSV, and the trailer stuff... I have no idea how it works.
The switch under the dash is for a trailer with electrical brakes I was told. I don't know what the buttons on the shifter are for.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tow Haul mode revs higher in each gear as well as increases line pressures. You could find a tuner somewhere to make a custom tune that would be a medium between a driver/towing. Otherwise, the switch should plug/play but I'd bet the BCM will need to be flashed in order for it to work.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used tow/haul with my 2002 Tahoe with this trailer. 285 HP with a 4 speed.

I just pulled this for the first time this weekend with my 2014 SSV, and did not need tow/haul, not close enough to the rated capacity.

I'm thinking the low profile bass boat towing won't need it either.

tgq6C6w.jpg

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
M5 prevents shift into 6 - not sure if 6 is called overdrive or not but with M5 it won't go there.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wires are under the dash for a trailer package, but as mentioned above you will need your BCM flashed/tuned for the towhaul mode.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wires are under the dash for a trailer package, but as mentioned above you will need your BCM flashed/tuned for the towhaul mode.

Is there a way to determine whether that already happened or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts