Adding Apple CarPlay to 2015 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigboychi

Reaction score
At the end of the day...I am not sure the '16 components are worth spending the money on. I don't find any difference in movies, nav speed etc etc etc...

Car play is "ok"... I mean, I just use Bluetooth calling. I like the nav on the dash better than the Apple nav.

And knowing Apple. Before this CarPlay gets good, they will have 6 generations of Updates on phones and os systems and cables etc etc before it gets worthwhile...

If I did it again, I would keep my '15 hardware and just do the vim and nav unlock....
Wow!!! Can I do the vim,and the nav unlock. I have Yukon sle no factory nav?.

jimim

Reaction score
I picked up the new radio brain, HMI module and USB ports for my 2015, and will have it installed Friday. I believe the modules are 2016 units, so i would expect everything to mirror the OEM 2016 systems.

It cost me $600 for the new parts, which seems a bit cheaper than everything else i've seen posted online.

I'm driving around a new impala while my tahoe gets serviced. I notice the radio display is much different now also with a touch media button which is nice. When u updated ur unit did all the new aspects of the non apple car setup come with the unit. there is also a text button i noticed and a projection button.

thanks a lot
jim

Pohlease

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know its an old post but MVI sells real junk.

After finding this post in the search I ordered parts from the above mention company and it didn't work. Then I found another brand that sends me same exact part with a different sticker on top of the parts that also didn't work. Finally, i ordered interface form company by the name of NavTool (made in USA) and it works like a charm.

What are you able to do now? Did you add any cameras? What was install like? Do you need HDMI to play video to the screen? Do you have the rear seat entertainment? Does the screen show there too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a '17 update for the tahoes? The buttons, screens and set up all look different. There is even a video mirroring/ screening button

IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0686.JPG

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you able to do now? Did you add any cameras? What was install like? Do you need HDMI to play video to the screen? Do you have the rear seat entertainment? Does the screen show there too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a shill account for navtool, google navtool shill and see they do this everywhere; this guy didn't buy anything its the owner of that scammer ass company navtool LOL Hence why he dug up an old thread to try and promote something on the day he registered LOL

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a shill account for navtool, google navtool shill and see they do this everywhere; this guy didn't buy anything its the owner of that scammer ass company navtool LOL Hence why he dug up an old thread to try and promote something on the day he registered LOL
Do you know if there is an update or new radio that has the 2017 interface and layout? Thanks

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon with Nav. Is it possible to get Carplay without having to buy a $1,000+ component from GM-Navigation?