Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of threads asking about what to get to install a new head unit so figure we should make a sticky with all the info.

This will be updated as you, the experts, give more or correct my information. It has been years since I done one of these and I know products have changed. If you have a suggested part that you feel should be added please provide as much information and a link to the manufacturers website for that part.

Disclaimer: This is in no meant to be completely factual posts and all viewing are encouraged to research and ensure fitment on your vehicle.

OS-5
- OnStar® Radio Replacement Interface for Select 29-bit LAN General Motors Vehicles with or without Bose Sound System. Retains OnStar® system functionality and the Bose factory-installed amplifier (if present) when the factory radio is replaced in a 29-bit GMLAN vehicle. Generates all safety warning chimes and audible turn signal indicators.

GMRVD - Overhead LCD Retention Cable for GM Vehicles With Rear Seat Entertainment. Provides an audio/video signal output from a factory radio to an aftermarket monitor. Also for use with a radio replacement interface to retain the overhead LCD monitor and IR system.

95-3305 - GM Dash Kit

GMOS-LAN-01 - GM 29 Bit LAN Data w/RAP ACC & Onstar & chime retention

GMRSAV
- Factory rear seat entertainment retention harness for GM LAN29 vehicles

GMRSAV-2 - GM 12+ w/Nav RSE A/V Harness

BACKUPCAM - Factory back up camera retention harness for GM LAN29 vehicles

BACKUPCAM-2 - Factory back up camera retention harness for GM LAN29 vehicles with factory navigation

Maestro RR - Web-programmable radio replacement interface for integration with factory systems including steering wheel controls, media player, hands-free telephone, voice commands, and satellite radio modules. Also displays vehicle information (performance gauges, climate controls, battery voltage, check engine codes and more) with iDatalink-compatible radios. Basic radio replacement features also available with non-iDatalink-compatible radios.

AVGM5 - Provides A/V connections to the factory video screen and A/V input port.

This is an on going thread that I will update as I can.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a TYF thread showing step by step instructions of any of these installations? Thread starter will get all the credit as the thread will be linked from this thread.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
So if I do not have OnStar, Nav, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, rear controls and not sure on amplified system or not, but pretty sure i dont have it, then i can get this wiring kit http://metraonline.com/part/LC-GMRC-LAN-01 along with the antenna adapter? Or is there another wiring kit i will need along with anything else to install an after market stereo?

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wish someone would give some insight on the hybrid versions. I'm sure there's one insane person out there that upgraded their Hybrid..come out wherever whoever u are

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they different?

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know and I can't find ANY info on differences, losses, and/or how tos on upgrading hybrid nav systems. Just a couple of don't do it because I heard someone say don't it.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know and I can't find ANY info on differences, losses, and/or how tos on upgrading hybrid nav systems. Just a couple of don't do it because I heard someone say don't it.
Let me know what you find out so that I may add any information to the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic