Adding Acetone To The Fuel Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rear end do you have and what is your RPMs at 75mph?

Studied it today on the trip home. It looked to be right around 2,150. The marks are every 500RPM and it was a little less than half-way between the 2000 and 2500 RPM marks.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Studied it today on the trip home. It looked to be right around 2,150. The marks are every 500RPM and it was a little less than half-way between the 2000 and 2500 RPM marks.

I have the factory "premium" LTZ 20" with 275/55/20 tires.

spyboy49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have proof or might have read someplace that snake urine increased gas mileage. They said the best snake urine came from central Texas coral snakes. Even though coral snakes are poisonous and can kill you, it's worth it. You can use other snake urine but even though coral snake urine is more expensive, it's worth it.

(Come on fellas! Some of these claims are just that...CLAIMS! These marketing guys are cashing in on you. And the possibility of doing damage to your car ain't worth it!)

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have proof or might have read someplace that snake urine increased gas mileage. They said the best snake urine came from central Texas coral snakes. Even though coral snakes are poisonous and can kill you, it's worth it. You can use other snake urine but even though coral snake urine is more expensive, it's worth it.

(Come on fellas! Some of these claims are just that...CLAIMS! These marketing guys are cashing in on you. And the possibility of doing damage to your car ain't worth it!)

The acetone marketing guys are cashing in by trying to get some fringe car guys to put a couple gallons in their gas tanks?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought some of the Wal-Mart fuel additive today for .97 cents a bottle.

Dmascari1984

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Watch a lot of YouTube videos and came across a several on Adding about 1 or 2 ounces of Acetone to a full tank of gas to improve fuel economy.

Has anyone tried this and if so what were your results?

From what I have seen is that you find the sweet spot and add the correct amount of Acetone to an empty tank. I know that Acetone evaporates quickly so from what I have learned it might only be good for a long trip where you will burn the entire tank in one day.

I am planning a Pre Retirement trip to Florida the first week of January and If this wont screw up my Vehicle I'm game for trying this out and picking up some extra MPG.

What do y'all think?
I got great results out of my BBPPV using 93oct fuel from Buckees with no ethanol. The power felt nice and I definitely noted an increase in gas mileage. Going 70-75 can keep the instant mpg around 20 in relatively flat surfaces. Only downside is that it runs about $3.40 a gal but that’s not bad in my opinion. It’s like feeding your car a burger or steak lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got great results out of my BBPPV using 93oct fuel from Buckees with no ethanol. The power felt nice and I definitely noted an increase in gas mileage. Going 70-75 can keep the instant mpg around 20 in relatively flat surfaces. Only downside is that it runs about $3.40 a gal but that’s not bad in my opinion. It’s like feeding your car a burger or steak lol

I've noticed better performance and MPG on 89 but didn't notice anything better than 89 when running 93. My results are the same as yours. Even at 2 MPG better (20.x versus 18.x), the cost of 93 over 87 or 89 is still a loss. I just aim for top-tier. I don't worry so much if it's E10 because that's such a small amount for the cost savings and my girl (the daily driver of it) couldn't care less. When it becomes mine again and it's sitting most of the week, I'll use non-ethanol 89.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ethanol free with give the results everyone is desiring but, it comes at a cost.
Around here it's about $1 more a gallon. Gas is $2.23 for regular

I've been using Lucas fuel system cleaner for a while but, in all honesty I cant tell only when I have to travel I see a difference in MPGs. But, I'd have to contribute that to my driving style, slow and steady :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288