Added rear entertainment to my 2016 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Luna1

Luna1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that the rear entertainment audio does NOT have the option of playing through the trucks stereo/speaker system?

Incorrect my friend,
The package came with a FM modulator. Pick through 1 of the 100 channels listed in the menu and just tune your radio to that channel. Works well for being wireless. No delay or static. Came with a pair of wireless headphones and I bought another set so my kids and there friends could be entertained while me and my wife listen to the radio.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incorrect my friend,
The package came with a FM modulator. Pick through 1 of the 100 channels listed in the menu and just tune your radio to that channel. Works well for being wireless. No delay or static. Came with a pair of wireless headphones and I bought another set so my kids and there friends could be entertained while me and my wife listen to the radio.

In that case that setup is pretty badass. My 2016 LTZ came with a dual Headrest rear entertainment system as a dealer installed option. I haven't spent much time trying to figure the system out since my daughter would rather connect to the trucks wi-fi and stream movies and tv shows on her phone.

My wife tried playing a movie once but gave up when she realized the movie wouldn't play on the front screen while driving and that there was no sound without using headphones. My old truck had an aftermarket Kenwood system with video in motion and audio through the trucks speaker system.

OP
OP
Luna1

Luna1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In that case that setup is pretty badass. My 2016 LTZ came with a dual Headrest rear entertainment system as a dealer installed option. I haven't spent much time trying to figure the system out since my daughter would rather connect to the trucks wi-fi and stream movies and tv shows on her phone.

My wife tried playing a movie once but gave up when she realized the movie wouldn't play on the front screen while driving and that there was no sound without using headphones. My old truck had an aftermarket Kenwood system with video in motion and audio through the trucks speaker system.

I would need the video in motion to play the movie on my front screen.

As far as sound, your set up should have the fm transmitter as well. I think audiovox, advent are made by voxx. Which manufactures most rear headrest screens for automakers. I saved a few hundred by going aftermarket. But found out from my buddy who ordered/installed ours that it's pretty much all the same. Dealer just marks it up.

Just play around with it when you get a chance. They do so many things. Even has screen savers! The manual helped out quite a bit.

PJS3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two years later, this thread has helped ease concerns. I'm headed in to the dealer now to process purchase of a 2016 LTZ now. They are offering this setup.
Any idea on installed cost?

PJS3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your welcome! So how do you like the new truck?

So it hasn't even been 24hrs.... lol... and my wife managed to pick up a nail or something. Had to get a tire plugged.

But yeah man... The vehicle is practically brand new with 10,600 miles on it. Rides wonderful... Clean.... A/C seats are the best I've ever experienced (compared to a 2015 Jag XJL and 2007 Infiniti M35). Ice cold.

We traded a 2003 Yukon SLT in for it. 316,000 miles on her. It served us well and basically sold us on this one by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98