Added Dynamat - Got a noticeably quieter ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but when you guys did this, are you retaining the factory moisture / foam barrier that comes on our vehicles?

OP
OP
A

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left the factory moisture barrier in place on my Yukon. I've removed it and replaced it with Dynamat on other vehicles with no negative impacts though.

It takes longer to replace the moisture barrier because you need to work around all the clip holes, wires, bolts that go through that area. I do think it further improves bass output from the speakers and further reduces road noise. The bigger benefit is the bass improvement IMO. So you get something from the extra work.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left the factory moisture barrier in place on my Yukon. I've removed it and replaced it with Dynamat on other vehicles with no negative impacts though.

It takes longer to replace the moisture barrier because you need to work around all the clip holes, wires, bolts that go through that area. I do think it further improves bass output from the speakers and further reduces road noise. The bigger benefit is the bass improvement IMO. So you get something from the extra work.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I was kind of concerned about the area right below the door with the cutout. Can't really dynamat a flat piece over it because of the plastic bracket / housing on the door panel itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent