Added an iPad mini to my dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is the ipad sitting there? is it with the magnets?

There is 1 magnet, but it mostly just sits there. It's built to conform to the ipad so it fits snug in there and doesn't go anywhere, even with the bass turned up

snowboardman2002us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how does the bezel stay on? doesnt the bezel fit onto the original stereo/install kit when swapping to new double or single din aftermarket radio?

i'm looking to do pretty much the same setup minus run the ipad straight to a line driver or pre amp.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how does the bezel stay on? doesnt the bezel fit onto the original stereo/install kit when swapping to new double or single din aftermarket radio?

i'm looking to do pretty much the same setup minus run the ipad straight to a line driver or pre amp.

the bezel also fits into the ac controls and the cig lighters below. There's plenty to keep it in place without the stereo clips

snowboardman2002us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the bezel also fits into the ac controls and the cig lighters below. There's plenty to keep it in place without the stereo clips

good to know. Thanks man. I ordered up a second bezel from ebay today to fab up for fitment and all. I'll probably asking your a couple more questions in the near future if you dont mind.

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance of using the factory stereo? Like moving it back in the dash more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance of using the factory stereo? Like moving it back in the dash more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. The way the factory radio mounts you'd have a VERY hard time fabing something to make it fit, especially with the big volume button in the middle. You could make the iPad stick WAY out, but then it wouldn't really look right IMO

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. The way the factory radio mounts you'd have a VERY hard time fabing something to make it fit, especially with the big volume button in the middle. You could make the iPad stick WAY out, but then it wouldn't really look right IMO

You're right. Didn't think about the big volume knob. I really would like to do this to mine, just thinking of some ideas for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518