Achieving that "new car ride" again without buying a new car again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah his post was excellent^. I see what you mean on sluggish. Always somwthing to look into haha. I've done some of that to my 2006 and will doing most of that over the next few months as I close in on 100k on the odometer. I have new front shocks en route currently. That will improve front end ride tremendously. Spark plugsfor me soon.

So you see what I did there lol...there is always something that you don't know that somebody else might know that gives you a lightbulb moment.

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on budget, start accumulating parts for a full front end rebuild. Anything and everything you can think of. Now that struts are out of the way its easy lol.

Yessssss. Shocks struts are out the way for now. And I wil follow your advice and just accumulate front end parts. Hopefully I could do full upgrade by fall. Right now I'm in the market for some new tires and I'm broke for now lol.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the OP's thread, but I also have the same vehicle; a 2013 Denali Hybrid with 93,000 miles and going strong. I also want to know about improving the front shocks, and looking for suggestions? Do I replace OEM, or is there a better option? The surface streets here in SoCal have deep potholes, and I learned the hard way the stock 22's blow out from potholes at the speed limit.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....60k miles is typically not enough to cause a noticeably degraded ride, especially if new shocks are now in place. I wonder if there is anything amiss with bushings or sway bar end links.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Marc Marc , yeah the roads here in SoCal are pretty bad. Although up here in the mountains where I live its way worse. Gnarled ruts and huge divots form the snow plows lol. I rejoice when I go down the mountain and the roads are a lot smoother haha. @Ob1hybrid , yeah there's always something to gain from others. That's what I love about this place!

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the OP's thread, but I also have the same vehicle; a 2013 Denali Hybrid with 93,000 miles and going strong. I also want to know about improving the front shocks, and looking for suggestions? Do I replace OEM, or is there a better option? The surface streets here in SoCal have deep potholes, and I learned the hard way the stock 22's blow out from potholes at the speed limit.

My brother!!!!! Lol We have so much to discuss. You couldn't have jacked the thread with a better truck.

So, upon reading the post around here concerning shocks. I noticed almost everyone went either OEM acdelco or Arnott. Further reading, most say arnott is inferior to dealer OEM but is considerably cheaper. I bought 3 shocks from amazon for $750. The dealer wanted $500+ each and they only changed one under warranty because its sensor gave me suspension system warning. So I bought the other 3.

Pep boys offered a whole strut assembly with springs for $200 each so might look at that. And labor there is half off if you purchase parts with them. FYI.

Must admit. These 22s are built strong. No dent yet in New York City streets.

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....60k miles is typically not enough to cause a noticeably degraded ride, especially if new shocks are now in place. I wonder if there is anything amiss with bushings or sway bar end links.

I said the same thing. It feels like the wheel is loose clunking noise. Strange. The dealer mechanic drove it and recommended changing front struts. So I changed all.

Hopefully WE can figure it out.

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Marc Marc , yeah the roads here in SoCal are pretty bad. Although up here in the mountains where I live its way worse. Gnarled ruts and huge divots form the snow plows lol. I rejoice when I go down the mountain and the roads are a lot smoother haha. @Ob1hybrid , yeah there's always something to gain from others. That's what I love about this place!

Yesssssss. I love to help others and I'm no stranger to seeking help.

Sound like you guys need 4x4s up in SoCal lol.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said the same thing. It feels like the wheel is loose clunking noise. Strange. The dealer mechanic drove it and recommended changing front struts. So I changed all.

Hopefully WE can figure it out.

Yeah I agree with Ubervic...somethings amiss....could be Hub bearings...I'd jack her up and put hands at 12 and 6 and feel for wheel movement/sounds...if not..check sway links...but 60k should be just broke in, not broke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy