accessory postion for engine start button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittydog

Reaction score
Ok...here is another silly one.

2015 has the keyless start/ignition button. I sometimes sit in Yukon while watching my daughter ride horseback (for two hours). During this time I will listen to the radio, etc. Now, that being said, the power shuts off after 5 or so minutes (I don't have actual number, but it shuts off). I again press the button with my foot OFF the brake pedal. The power comes back on and all is good. Then, 5 or so minutes later, it goes off. This gets annoying after a few times. I checked in the vehicle settings but I don't see an option to leave power on.
I can only imagine going to the drive in movie this summer just to keep pressing the button...

Did I miss something in the manual or am I just an idiot? It's ok to be an idiot, I sometimes seem to overlook the obvious.

Thanks,
Steve

DaveG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steve-
Not 100% sure, but it seems that if you hold the Engine Start/Stop button for a few seconds it will turn accessories on and the green light on the button (instead of amber light) will light. Chime rings a few times, I think to let you know it will stay on. I believe that leaves accessories on past the 10 minutes. I tried, but wasn't sitting in the car that long to be sure.
Give it a try and let us know if it works.

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
Dave,
You were correct. I used your method and the accessories (radio) stayed on for the duration (about 1 1/2 hours).

Thanks for the assist.
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSTBLFKR43