AC light blinks 3 times when I try to turn it on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to search but of course you cant search strings shorter than 2 letters. Anyway, I hit the AC button on my 01 hoe and all it does is blinks 3 times and turns off. Any ideas why? its 63* out right now, does the ambient temp outside really matter?.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

And now its 72* and it still wont turn on. wtf......

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

and now its working again, what the heeel

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try turning off the recirculation mode

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a 100% sure about the ambient temp,but i remember just trying to turn it on during the winter when it was like 10* out or something and would do the same thing, blink a few times and not kick on. Dont see why it would happen when its above freezing though

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to sound dumb... but are you sure its the AC button you are pushing - I know the Recirc button will do that if the vent selector is set for anything but the Dash vents.

OP
OP
C

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try turning off the recirculation mode

Never had it on. Never use it.

And yes it was the AC button, the one with A/C on it. the one I have been hitting for the past 360,000 miles to turn on the AC.

Haven't figured it out. weird.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My A/C button will do the same from time to time, I'm thinking the climate control is too smart for it's own good!

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had it on. Never use it.

And yes it was the AC button, the one with A/C on it. the one I have been hitting for the past 360,000 miles to turn on the AC.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick - hope I didn't come off that way - just trying to help.

OP
OP
C

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah its cool. I sound like a smart ass at times myself, its all good. I still haven't figured it out though. Ive had it run the AC much cooler out than 68* outside. I was sitting in a parking lot when it was doing this. Usually I have only ever had it blink when I think I had the heat on, or when the defroster was already on.

That being said, my battery light started flashing, alternator went bad. Just swapped it out in the autozone parking lot. Makes me wonder if it was going bad earlier and there wasnt enough charge to power the compressor? (the electrical part I mean). Who knows.

So at 360k miles ive changed a fuel pump, 3 hubs, belt tensioner, ac compressor and now an alternator............

and shit loads of tires. ;)

OP
OP
C

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001, original everything. mostly highway miles. my commute on any given day is anywhere from 45 miles one way to............360 miles, like today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos