AC issue again...after a GM repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC was not blowing cold. I took to GM dealership where we were on vacation but it was my old home town and they found AC line from condenser to compressor was leaking. System would not hold charge. Replaced line and THEN found HVAC condenser had hole and would not hold charge. Replaced condenser and found the line from condenser to the dryer was difficult to remove, reinstalled line and line would not tighten all the way. (one side aluminum,1 side steel). So replaced that line form condenser to dryer. Extra time required to cut AC line at heater core at fire wall to remove old line. Added pressure fitting and installed new AC line. They then pressure tested system.

Let me tell you, the air worked like never before..I loved it. Then about 1 day later on the way back home which was 9 hours from dealer, it quit cooling.

Any ideas? I do have a 12 month 12000 mile warranty but its such an inconvience to put it back in our local area GM shop. $607.00 labor, $455.00 parts

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC was not blowing cold. I took to GM dealership where we were on vacation but it was my old home town and they found AC line from condenser to compressor was leaking. System would not hold charge. Replaced line and THEN found HVAC condenser had hole and would not hold charge. Replaced condenser and found the line from condenser to the dryer was difficult to remove, reinstalled line and line would not tighten all the way. (one side aluminum,1 side steel). So replaced that line form condenser to dryer. Extra time required to cut AC line at heater core at fire wall to remove old line. Added pressure fitting and installed new AC line. They then pressure tested system.

Let me tell you, the air worked like never before..I loved it. Then about 1 day later on the way back home which was 9 hours from dealer, it quit cooling.

Any ideas? I do have a 12 month 12000 mile warranty but its such an inconvience to put it back in our local area GM shop. $607.00 labor, $455.00 parts

Contact GM. They might assist with motivating a local dealer to address the situation since the repair was previously done at a GM dealership.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sounds like something still leaking. You can pick up a ac manifold gauge cheap at a auto store or harbor freight. Hook it up and see what you have for a charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972