AC button is confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Divino92

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe LT . For some reason when the indicator light is on for the AC , the compressor stays off, but when the light is off , the compressor turns on . . . Any ideas anyone ? Thanks in advance :Handshake:

KAKALAK

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe LT . For some reason when the indicator light is on for the AC , the compressor stays off, but when the light is off , the compressor turns on . . . Any ideas anyone ? Thanks in advance :Handshake:

sounds like the switch is bad. I had a similar problem with my 2001. The AC button would be on and the ac would work for a minute and then the ac would stop working but the button showed it still being on. i thought it was the compressor or something. Found out my hotwiring the compressor that the control unit has to be replaced.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This one is easy and confused me too. Look closely when the AC (snowflake) light comes on the LCD display. There is a line through it. The AC comes on depending on the temperature you select or even if you need the defroster. Everything is automatic. When you press the AC button, you are actually turning the compressor off.

bob35josh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah

what 03yukon NH said.

the 2004's when you push the snowflake its a/c on. 2003's the snowflake is a/c compressor off. Just set the temp and push auto.

Estrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '04 Tahoe; when pressing the snowflake button, the A/C goes off. So now I'm confused considering what I've read showing in the 04 model, the snowflake button illuminated mean AC on. Right?

1yesfan

Reaction score
03 the FLAKE IS LIGHTED the ac is off, the clutch is not engaged on compressor. When flake light is OFF/no lighted the ac is on, clutch is engaged and it is nice cold air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14