AC Blend Door Actuator Broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lenny84

Reaction score
*** moved here for attention, i have it posted " interior "***

I replaced my Ac Door actuator by the passenger footwell. and i broke the blend door shaft

this is what I'm thinking i broke. the 1/2 moon looking thing ( the door I'm guessing ) how do i replace it...? i glued the 2 pieces back together but i doubt it'll hold .

AC DOOR .jpg

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the same thing with my passenger side blend door actuator lol. I am going to go to the junk yard this weekend and pull the entire HVAC assembly out of one they have there and see if there is a way to get in there and just replace the door. I'm sure it all comes apart somehow to where the door can just be replaced. I tried looking it up online but wasn't able to find anything on it. I will let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
L

Lenny84

Reaction score
I just did the same thing with my passenger side blend door actuator lol. I am going to go to the junk yard this weekend and pull the entire HVAC assembly out of one they have there and see if there is a way to get in there and just replace the door. I'm sure it all comes apart somehow to where the door can just be replaced. I tried looking it up online but wasn't able to find anything on it. I will let you know how it goes.

thats what i was afraid of , is having to pull the entire HVAC....and Dash apart to fix my EFF up.. :(

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was afraid of , is having to pull the entire HVAC....and Dash apart to fix my EFF up.. :(
Tell me about it, I was sick when I broke mine lol. I'm pretty certain it's going to be a big job and probably take half the day easy. I was hoping I would just be able to turn it manually, but unfortunately the way mine broke I can't move it so one side blows 90 and the other 60 lol. At least it's the passenger side blowing 90.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well buddy, so far no good. I haven't been able to find a way to separate the two Halves of the box. I took all the screws out removed the heater core, but it looks like plastic rivets are holding it together as well as the screws I removed. I will post a couple pics of pulling it out so you can see what it looks like.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to remove literally damn near the entire dash to get to this point lol

IMG_1062.JPG

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After everything is removed. It all bolts up through the firewall. You can see the holes where the screws went through

IMG_1064.JPG

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...here's for the bad news. Drilling out he plastic rivits is the only way to separate the two halves, along with a few screws this is what it looks like apart

IMG_1077.JPG

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to go to the junk yard and pull another box. Then buy a new heater core, blower motor and all 4 of the door blend actuators and have everything brand new when you put it in because once you do all the work to pull the thing out, you won't soon want to do it again lol. Or you could take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. But before you do that, you might as well try glueing your piece back on because it won't hurt anything to try.