A Sticky for New PPV/SSV Owners To Re-Civilianize Our Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jmm121783

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Did anyone ever upgrade to a nicer rear view mirror, I am looking for one that has an "auto dim" feature, I really like that. Anything else that would work is just an extra. (One that does hook up to the front dome light bezel 'stuff' ?) I have a 2013 Tahoe SSV

I got one from a 2007 Sierra and the pinout is different so it doesnt even get power, gotta talk to the guy I bought it but that guy did a frame off resto on a 2011 SSV and its beauitful...Hes done a ton of the hard stuff like the power mirrors, satillete, fog lights, DRLs, Tahoe 2000 second row seats that fold flat, a bunch of really nice stuff. Should try to get him on here.

I gave up on trying to get my front speakers to work, and just spliced in new wires around the dash harness hidden connection I couldn't find short of taking the whole dash apart.

Hidden harness?

Last edited:

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woohooo!!! thanks guys I love the support the forum has!

yea I understand some stuff take a lot work, but even to have the information all accessible will stop the numbers of threads like I'm starting ( LOL ) looking for answers.

I can do write ups for sure especially if someone has the basic instructions I can snaz it up and summarize it.

It amazes me the rear speakers arent simply disconnected behind the speaker I mean where the hell could it be disconnected? Id love a luggage rack but that will require drilling for sure.

Mine came originally equipped with a luggage rack, the holes are there, they are just capped off with some sort of rubber/silicone cap.

I wonder if your audio wasn't disconnected somewhere near the radio. I noticed my radio doesn't seem to have a balance that would goes between front/rear instead of left-right (My Jeep GC has that) and if it does, maybe it was just turned 'off', all the way forward?

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one from a 2007 Sierra and the pinout is different so it doesnt even get power, gotta talk to the guy I bought it but that guy did a frame off resto on a 2011 SSV and its beauitful...Hes done a ton of the hard stuff like the power mirrors, satillete, fog lights, DRLs, Tahoe 2000 second row seats that fold flat, a bunch of really nice stuff. Should try to get him on here.

Hidden harness?

RE: mirror; I don't mind buying an OEM one, on Ebay I saw they are not too expensive, but is there a short harness or so, that plugs into the mirror as well as into the dome area? (and hope the computer doesn't need to be told)

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On that token, not a functional issue, but did anyone ever put a luggage rack back on? just to get rid of the plugs?

On the luggage rack, I have read others state the holes or the marks for the holes are there, but I don't see anything on mine.

Would like a luggage rack, although if I drill holes in the roof I do picture having to chase down leaks.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the luggage rack, I have read others state the holes or the marks for the holes are there, but I don't see anything on mine.

Would like a luggage rack, although if I drill holes in the roof I do picture having to chase down leaks.

I think some SSVs/PPVs probably came with one, some didn't .. mine factory had one, but was removed, and the holes were plugged. I also had that idea of "what if it starts leaking when I put it back?"

But it probably looks better with the rack and without the plugs.

I wonder if someone has done that before, re-installed the luggage rack (are there already nuts, or whatever in there? does the liner on the inside need to come off? etc etc etc)

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of information here on installing the roof rack, but it's all over the place. Still some people saying theirs came without a rack but it is setup to install one.

https://www.google.com/search?num=1......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..13.0.0....0.m5UztejZOpU
https://www.google.com/search?num=1......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..13.0.0....0.m5UztejZOpU
And one of the threads really caught my eye, 3M tape. ( I know, I know..0

But if you have ever used it. Check Home Depot, they make three versions. I used the middle version to hold a bunch of chrome a vibrating bike without any issues.

Yes, rails are larger, wind resistance, load, etc. But you have a lot of surface area for the tape. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016HM7S...t=&hvlocphy=9021617&hvtargid=pla-312239925783

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of information here on installing the roof rack, but it's all over the place. Still some people saying theirs came without a rack but it is setup to install one.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&safe=off&ei=X9YNWsbeBoTQ0gTNi7LoCA&q=site:tahoeyukonforum.com+install+roof+rack&oq=site:tahoeyukonforum.com+install+roof+rack&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2063.13981.0.14240.25.19.3.0.0.0.423.2090.1j5j0j3j1.10.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..13.0.0....0.m5UztejZOpU
And one of the threads really caught my eye, 3M tape. ( I know, I know..0

But if you have ever used it. Check Home Depot, they make three versions. I used the middle version to hold a bunch of chrome a vibrating bike without any issues.

Yes, rails are larger, wind resistance, load, etc. But you have a lot of surface area for the tape. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016HM7S...t=&hvlocphy=9021617&hvtargid=pla-312239925783

I don't really know about the first line, I saw links about people installing these "cross bars" on already existing rails of a roof rack?

I used that red tape to stick a traffic sign to a wall one time, at work, used the stuff because we couldn't ********* the walls. Apparently it came off one time, causing enough noise and vibrations to make sensors go off and have guys with guns run down the hallway. (took a while before they found out what it was, I forgot about the sign because I was on a vacation.)

Any who... I think I rather bolt it down