A fun thing happened to my Tahoe after work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The left side step bar has a little more give than the right. I assumed the bushing was worn out.

I don't use them, even with the lift. I got in and pushed off the bar to straighten myself in the seat and the front bolt broke. I got a wrench from work to unbolt the rear so I could drive.

It's the bolt that goes into to body mount. I'm ok with removing the bars, but I guess I need to replace the broken bolt since its from the body mount.

d1453f24f13054ad5bfdfa01a70912fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be glad you don't have a Tacoma. My father in law has a 2006 with 60K miles and the frame is almost rusted through. We live just outside D.C. and get some snow, but not like they do up North. The sad part is that Toyota hasn't issued a recall yet. Apparently there is a class action lawsuit on them.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My f-in-laws 2008 tundras frame is rotten bad, they did say there are working on a recall or something and they will let him know......last month he went for an oil change and i told him to ask .....they wouldnt have said anything.....

My isn't so bad, but the wax dip shit they used is falling off in chunks....

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Just be glad you don't have a Tacoma. My father in law has a 2006 with 60K miles and the frame is almost rusted through. We live just outside D.C. and get some snow, but not like they do up North. The sad part is that Toyota hasn't issued a recall yet. Apparently there is a class action lawsuit on them.

Those damned tacos and their rust issues. There is a taco around town that is running around and seems to be in good shape other than half the bed is completely gone from rust. Most like they shot it as it seems to be a trend here where I live but still there has got to be an explanation.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right about the China part, but I believe they are assembled in Canada. Makes you wonder how much of that Chinese steel was used here for high rises and bridges.

The problem is if you join the class action lawsuit, then you can't participate in the recall if there is one, plus you never know how much you will get. I believe a frame replacement is around $2K If there had been deaths associated with the rust problem then they may have issued it already. I think the ruling on the lawsuit is in late April

Toyota did have a frame recall once before for the early to mid 90 Sequoia's

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts