A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetTigers

Reaction score
'15 Yukon here. A/C went out while driving on the expressway and started blowing hot air. turned back on after 10 minutes.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Yup. Welcome to the hot air club (although it hasn't happened for a few weeks now--crossing fingers it was a temporary issue). Dealers still act clueless about it. Something's clearly not right, though. Read somewhere that it may be a freon over-filling issue or a programming issue--who knows.

DaveG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been loving my new Yukon!
This week I took the family to Lake Powell, 102 degree heat. First time I have experienced this problem so came to do some research. Seems there are plenty of others.

For me what seems to be happening (when outside temp is 95+) A/C works fine while driving. If you turn truck off and then restart it blows hot air for 10 mins or so. Then finally starts cooling off. Once it is cool, it works fine again until next time you turn off the vehicle. Even if only turning off vehicle for few minutes to let the dog out, you get 10 mins of hot air when you return.

Will look to take it to dealer next week....

sharper4

Reaction score
Add me to this list. We bought two Tahoes at the same time. On delivery day, my wife's A/C wasn't working. They took it back and fixed it, no idea what they did. Then yesterday, with 600 miles on my Tahoe it worked fine for my trip home from work to the daycare. I picked up my son, turned on the truck and the A/C blew hot air for about 3 or 4 mins before it kicked on. If it happens with any regularity I'm going to have to take it in.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
UPDATE: perhaps this will be of help to you guys. I'm now at 6000 miles and it hasn't happened to me again for over seven weeks.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulties that you all have been experiencing with your A/C and I can definitely understand how frustrating this can be. I would like to look into this concern for you all. If any extra assistance is needed, feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread. I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

davidajcks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A/C Problems and irate passengers

Our 2015 Tahoe had a problem with the A/C shortly after we bought it. The loaner when we took it in was also a 2015 Tahoe, and the A/C didn't work in it either. We just went on a trip and the back of the car could only get hot air, and the problem didn't fix itself. Is there any new news on what the problem could be?

sharper4

Reaction score
I wish there was news on the actual problem. My wife's Tahoe had the problem which her dealer said they fixed but mine did the exact same thing this weekend. It was 102* outside so the inside was steaming hot! Having hot air blown on me was less than enjoyable.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Did the Dealer say what they did to your wife's Tahoe? I could share that info with my Dealer. Thanks.

Fireman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe does the same thing. Took it in and they could not duplicate the problem. When I was ready to leave, the service rep found a few service bulletins for new specs on the Freon pressure, they are lower now. There was also a connection that needed to be checked . And there was one about the rear air also. So now I have to go back next week and have them check it again because I had to leave that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan