A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cboymiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ran into this issue with my 2015 Tahoe, with only 34,000 miles. From everything I have read, I guess I will be buying an aftermarket condenser and doing the work myself. This is my 2nd Tahoe, and this one has been a huge disappointment. From wind sounds on the highway to no air conditioning. How can GM not take care of this issue? Makes me want to go out and buy a Kia!!

MN 15i XL Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to do this thing myself. Dealership service department wanted $160 just to hook it up and check it.
Now I'm shopping for the condenser. Which one is bulletproof and where can I get it? Or are all condensers created equal unless they say GM or Delco on them?

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
I was really surprised to see this letter below about this. I don't have the problem but after reading for the past few months I was nervous would happen to my Yukon. Needless to say for those that had the repair done least you could get your money back. Finally a useful letter.

20171104_180725.jpg

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
^^^ how did you get that letter?
I bought a new 2016 Yukon last year so I'm assuming they sent it based on the purchase. I left out the part with my name address and gm logo lol. Came in the mail Yesterday. Was pretty surprised given they usually tell customers to pound sand.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to do this thing myself. Dealership service department wanted $160 just to hook it up and check it.
Now I'm shopping for the condenser. Which one is bulletproof and where can I get it? Or are all condensers created equal unless they say GM or Delco on them?

Hey everyone, if you're fed up with waiting for your dealer to get you a condenser, the local Pep Boys here in Knoxville TN has 15 of them available for approx. $150. He also told me that the Pep Boys distribution warehouse in TX has 50 of them in stock. The condenser is made by Spectra in Canada, comes with a 2 year warranty and is a direct fit for the 2015 GMC Yukon/Tahoe 5.3L engine. I plan on having mine installed and will send the bill to GM. If you want to buy one from the Pep Boys here in Knoxville, call Travis @ 865-690-2777. Tell him I told you about them and hopefully he can take care of you. I'm not getting any financial incentive from him for this information. Just trying to look out for my fellow Yukon/Tahoe owners!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is Customer Service Satisfaction Campaign 17336-01 entitled Special Coverage - Combi Cooler Air Conditioner Refrigerant Leak. It is applicable to 2015-2017 Chevrolet Suburbans and Tahoe’s, GMC Yukons and Yukon XLs and Cadillac Escalades and Escalade ESVs.

It looks like letters are being issued this month and it will extend the warranty period for the particular failure type (crack at the coupler) to 5 years/60,000 miles for Chevrolet and GMC and 6 years/72,000 miles For Cadillac.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is Customer Service Satisfaction Campaign 17336-01 entitled Special Coverage - Combi Cooler Air Conditioner Refrigerant Leak. It is applicable to 2015-2017 Chevrolet Suburbans and Tahoe’s, GMC Yukons and Yukon XLs and Cadillac Escalades and Escalade ESVs.

It looks like letters are being issued this month and it will extend the warranty period for the particular failure type (crack at the coupler) to 5 years/60,000 miles for Chevrolet and GMC and 6 years/72,000 miles For Cadillac.

Thanks for the info...
Good to know.

poblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got that letter a couple of days ago and took it to the dealership that fixed my AC condenser. They had charged me $300 for the fix back in May (that was a discount. The actual cost was over $1K).

The service agent entered some info in the computer and told me if GM approves it I will get a check in the mail in 2 weeks.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my letter in the mail yesterday- I don't have the issue, but I have a scheduled appointment for next week for the Disco lights and buffering- so might as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9