A/C Damper issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Tahoe Z71 with the mechanical dual slide temperature controls and the rotary selector for redirecting the output (floor, dash-floor, etc.). Been having a problem getting air out of any of the selected path when driving at Interstate speeds. The fans increase and decrease with the fan selector position but very little air gets out. It fails more often during the summer months. After vehicle sits for a while everything will work correctly but starts to fail again after prolonged Interstate speeds again. Rear vents and controls work correctly all the time.

TIA

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m understanding you correctly, First thing that comes to mind is that your mode door actuator (controls vent air flow orientation) is failing. Any ticking/clicking/squealing from the dash?

OP
OP
DanangMarine68
Reaction score
If I’m understanding you correctly, First thing that comes to mind is that your mode door actuator (controls vent air flow orientation) is failing. Any ticking/clicking/squealing from the dash?

Somehow it appears to block air flow through all outputs (floor, mix, dash, and defrost). You can here the blower motor increase and decrease as you select different speed settings. No unusual noises (ticking/clicking/squealing) are emanating from the dash. A little air leaks out and it is cold.

I've had the panel off years ago to replace burned out bulbs. I'll price out a mode door actuator.

TIA