A/C compressor not coming on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that the relay is hot with ignition on and that the VCM is supplying the ground when the a/c compressor is called to run. That would then close the contact allowing the compressor to run.

Or, that's how they run on the 95-99 models. There should be a diagram on the relay showing the primary and secondary/switch circuits. If the clutch engages when you jump the secondary, then I'd suspect a bad relay. But, there could be a short on the primary side instead.

Use a test light to jump the primary terminals and see if it lights when the a/c is turned on. If so, then I'd think it's the relay. If it doesn't, then check the power and ground circuits to see if there is a short. Test the primary terminal voltage feed to ground (test light from voltage terminal to a ground) and then the ground circuit (test light from ground terminal to battery positive).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14